Whether it’s new construction or a re-model let us lend you our expertise in tile, slate, rock, marble or terrazzo construction to your next project in the Houston, TX. Houston Tile Contractors has years of experience in residential tile work, yielding the best results for our customers, no matter the size or difficulty of your project. Kitchen back splash, counter tops, flooring, shower or bath tile we have have done it all, let us give you the best tile work at lowest price in the Houston area.
Patios, Porches and Pool Decks
Patios, porches and pool decks add to the usable space and the comfort of your home, turning a back yard into a gathering place for family and friends. Pool parties and back yard cook outs can be all the more special if your pool deck or patio are uniquely designed. Porcelain and ceramic tile, stone, marble, and rock have become popular design materials for these spaces because of their beauty and durability. In addition, the customization of tile materials is limitless, leaving the only limits up to your imagination.
When it’s your home, it’s gotta be done right. Houston Tile Contractors is the King of residential tile in the Houston TX area, so let us help you with your tile, stone, marble or slate floors, walls, shower back splash. Or, maybe your looking to enhance and beautify your outdoor space such as a tile patio or pool deck. Tile offers almost unlimited color and design options, allowing you to customize any area of your home or outdoor space. Whatever your desire, our team of expert craftsmen can help you fulfill your dreams in an existing home or in new home construction. Because we use only quality materials and employ a crew of top experts, you can have peace of mind knowing you received the best quality possible for your home.
Ceramic tile is typically made from red or white clay mixed with sand, fired at a high temperature. Liquid glaze is then added and it’s fired again. Ceramic tile has numerous applications in residential and commercial building for numerous reasons.
It’s become one of the most popular types of flooring used in modern construction because of the advantages it offers, including:
- wear resistance
- color permanence
- ease of cleaning
- easier to cut than porcelain tile
Porcelain tile has many of the same qualities and versatility as ceramic tile, but because of its higher density and low water absorption, porcelain tile is better for most the following applications:
- counter tops
Porcelain tile, like ceramic, is very durable and low maintenance. In addition, porcelain tile offers almost limitless color and design combinations. If you would like to tile an area that endures water or frequent moisture then a porcelain application is typically the way to go.
Glass tiles are made from thin pieces of glass with translucent glaze fired onto the back of each tile. They’re sold either individually or in designed mosaic patterns set on a mesh backing.
Some advantages of glass tile:
- Unmatched beauty: The translucence and endless color varieties of glass arguably make it the most beautiful, contemporary-looking backsplash material you can choose. The tiles reflect the light to give your kitchen or bath the appearance of being brighter and larger.
- Easy to clean: Grime and splashes are easy to wipe off glass tiles with a little soapy water or all-purpose cleaner. Also, mold and mildew don’t readily grow on glass.
- Zero water absorption: Glass is impervious to water with an absorbency rate of 0% (compared to ceramic, which has an absorbency rate of 0.5% to 3%).
- Eco-friendly: Many glass tiles are made of recycled materials. Even if not, they are 100% recyclable at the end of their lifespan. Glass tiles also take about half the energy required to produce ceramic tiles.
Draw backs of glass tile:
- More expensive: Glass tiles are extremely popular though they are the most expensive mainstream backsplash material available today.
- Professional installation is a must: Because glass is translucent, the adhesive is visible through the tiles. Achieving a professional-looking result is difficult if you attempt DIY glass tile installation.
Terrazzo is a composite material, used for floors and wall treatments. It is typically composed of pieces of marble, quartz, granite, glass, or other materials and is poured in with a binder in place or precast. Terrazzo is a fantastic material for commercial flooring and other uses, as it has the lowest maintenance costs of any floor finish and provides for limitless design and color combinations. When your project calls for the unique beauty and long term durability terrazzo provides, you should consider it for your home, business or civil project.
Locations We Service
Houston Tile Contractors provides tile installation and repair services in: Houston, Richmond, Sugarland, Katy, Pearland, The Woodlands, Pasadena, Spring, Humble, League City, Tomball and surrounding areas. If you want top-quality tile work, we are your local hometown experts! So give us a call: (281) 729-6589